How to Rent a Car in Edmonton and Return it in Vancouver?
Here are some ideas:
- To avoid drop-off fees search on MirrorTrip.com
- If there isn’t anything available post a trip on MirrorTrip, you will be notified when a car becomes available.
- Try calling around yourself by calling local rental companies such as Hertz, Avis, Budget, and Enterprise. Make sure to point out that you’re looking for a one-way rental, and also ask if the quoted price includes the drop-off fee and unlimited mileage. Normally to do this online you will have to check a box saying ‘return to a different location’.
How far is it from Edmonton to Vancouver?
To use MirrorTrip you or someone travelling with you needs:
- 820km / 510 miles as the crow flies
- 1160km / 720 miles driving distance along the fastest route through Jasper National Park, and Kamloops
- 1260km / 780 miles driving through Banff National Park and Calgary (also another beautiful route)
What is Halfway Between Vancouver and Edmonton?
Technically speaking the closest point is Blue River BC, however Clearwater BC is bigger and also worth a stop over.
How many hours drive from Edmonton to Vancouver?
Without stopping (you probably should):
- 12 hours and 30 minutes along the fastest route through Jasper National Park and Kamloops
- 13 hours and 45 minutes when driving through Banff National Park and Calgary
Note, traffic conditions can be variable, particularly near Vancouver and Calgary which can sometimes add another hour during rush hour traffic.
How much does it cost to drive from Edmonton to Vancouver?
- MirrorTrip charges $54 per day for rental of a whole car (e.g. not per person), you will also have to pay for your own gas which is approximately $150 CAD for a 4 door sedan
- Most car rental companies will charge between $300-$800 as a drop-off fee for this trip, in addition to the daily rental cost and gas
How to Get From Edmonton to Vancouver?
Here are some options:
- Use MirrorTrip
- Take the Bus - Rider Express currently services this route
- Fly via Air Canada or Westjet
- Catch the train using Via Rail
- Rent a car directly from a rental company (normally a drop-off fee is charged), or use Savings Guide to help you find a better rate
What Are the Attractions Between Vancouver and Edmonton?
There’s a lot of great stuff to see! Depending on which route you take - here’s a few of our favourite places and activities if you’re heading out on a Vancouver to Edmonton road trip:
Back to the top