How to Rent a Car in Calgary and Return it in Vancouver?
Here are some ideas:
- To avoid drop-off fees search on MirrorTrip.com
- If there isn’t anything available on MirrorTrip, try searching Price Lab for the best deals on one-way car rentals between Calgary and Vancouver
- Try shopping around yourself by calling local rental companies such as Hertz, Avis, Budget, and Enterprise. Make sure to point out that you're looking for a one-way rental, and also ask if the quoted price includes the drop-off fee and unlimited mileage. Normally to do this online you will have to check a box saying 'return to a different location'
How Far is Vancouver From Calgary?
To use MirrorTrip you or someone travelling with you needs:
- 675km / 419 miles as the crow flies
- 1057km / 660 miles driving distance along the most popular route through Banff, and the Yellow Head Highway
How Long Does it Take to Drive From Calgary to Vancouver?
Without stopping (we suggest that you do) it takes approximately 11 hours. Please note that traffic can affect this, particularly in Vancouver where rush hour traffic entering the city can add another hour to the trip.
How Long is the Flight From Calgary to Vancouver?
The flight itself takes 1 hour and 20 minutes. Both airports have good access to public transit and other transportation for getting to and from the airport.
How Much Does it Cost to Ship a Car From Calgary to Vancouver?
Companies such as MVS Canada often quote in the vicinity of $800 to ship a 4 door sedan from Calgary to Vancouver.
How to Get From Vancouver to Calgary?
Here are some options (Read here for more details):
- Use MirrorTrip
- Take the Bus - Ryder Express currently services this route
- Fly via Air Canada or Westjet
- Train via the Rocky Mountaineer
- Rent a car directly from a rental company (normally a drop-off fee is charged), or use Price Lab to help you find a better rate
What is Halfway Between Calgary and Vancouver?
The closest location on a map in the drive between Calgary and Vancouver is Sicamous. It's a small town, so if you're looking for something larger you might also consider Kelowna, or Vernon (not too big, not too small ;)
What to See From Calgary to Vancouver?
There's sooo much to see! Here’s a few of our favourite places and activities on the drive from Calgary to Vancouver:
Which is Better Calgary or Vancouver?
Trick question! Truth be told both cities have quite a few things in common such as:
Back to the top
- Beautiful surrounding scenery accessible in less than an hours drive
- Metropolitan areas with bustling industry
- World class cultural & sporting events